Friday, August 5, 2011

Vegan Fettuccini Alfredo

Last week I was really craving some creamy noodles. I also ran a crazy amount of miles that day, and wanted something of real substance to eat, that would only take a few minutes to cook. I read multiple recipes online, and this is what I came up with. I took my favorite ingredients from about 6 different recipes until I got this! Enjoy!

Vegan Fettuccini Alfredo

2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
10 oz bag frozen cauliflower, thawed (or fresh steamed)
1 carton of silken tofu
2 Tbs of vegan butter
2 Tbs nutritional yeast
¼ cup salted and roasted cashews
Juice of ½ of a lemon
¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Enough fettuccini noodles for 4

Sauté the onion on medium heat until translucent- add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
While the garlic is cooking, add the cashews and a tiny bit of “milk” or water to the food processor, begin to blend. Add the onion mixture and all of the remaining ingredients except the parsley. Process until creamy, you may need to add a bit of “milk” to thin it out.

Move the mixture to a large skillet and cook on low. When hot, add the noodles, toss and serve!

I serve mine with lots of parsley and cracked black pepper! Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment