Friday, July 22, 2011

Chilled Cucumber and Dill Soup

Chilled Cucumber and Dill Soup

Last week the temperature in Sacramento exceeded 100 degrees. I was a MESS! I had gone for a run and used all the possible energy in my body. I needed a simple, protein rich, creamy, COLD dinner! I was too lazy to make a salad, so I busted out the blaneder. 5 minutes later, I had dinner!
Ingredients:
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
12 ounces soft or silken organic tofu, drained and cubed
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dried dill, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (save a bit for garnish)
1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp vegan brown sugar
Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
1 tsp cumin
Preparation:
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and wiz until nice and creamy! You can serve some right away! This soup is best when chilled for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment